Grid is a safer space, that seeks to ensure that everyone feels welcome and valued regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, sex, socio-economic status, education, religion, immigration status, language and cultural backgrounds, physical and mental health. Because creating an inclusive environment does not happen without effort, we ask that tablers and attendees be aware of how words and actions affect others, and what privileges may be impacting our interactions. While we will not be censoring zines and comix prior to the fest, we ask that no materials promote hate-speech.
The following are prohibited and will not be tolerated:
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, classism, ableism, transphobia, queerphobia, ageism, sizeism, xenophobia, religious intolerance and all other forms of discrimination.
- Sexual harassment, inappropriate/unwelcome comments/behaviors.
- Disrespectful or disruptive behavior.
- Theft of money or property
- Physical, verbal, mental abuse or intimidation.
- Causing a participant or attendee to feel distressed or unsafe.
Designated Grid volunteers will be available to act as mediators should problems arise between exhibitors and/or attendees. We aim to peacefully resolve any conflict that might arise at the event, however anyone found to be in violation of the safer spaces policy who is unable to change or address their unsafe behavior or language, will be asked to leave the event. This decision will not be made hastily, and we will have open communication and accountability about any safer spaces decisions made. We welcome feedback on this policy.